Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Monday, August 3, 2020

Mother and Daughter Team Up to Help Homeless

Thank you Tara B for this donation of 12 pairsof socks!  Let me back up a bit.  A while back Tara had a brilliant idea.  Instead of shopping buying socks to add to her crocheted donations; she would set up a repeat order on Amazon and the socks would be shipped to me.......she pays no shipping costs that way as well.  I thought it was a wonderful idea.

So the first shipment came, I took a picture and somehow when it was being transferred from my phone to the computer it vanished.  (please scroll to previous post with more info on this.  It's happened twice recently, and I don't know why.

Then her 2nd shipment came so I photographed them both together.  Still had the 1st package having not yet put in the bags for delivery.

Tara tells her mother Lara about Bridge and Beyond, and Lara who taught Tara to crochet decided she would join in.  She crocheted this traditional ripple, always a favorite.  This is sc back stitch, which is how you get the awesome texture.  I LOVE this, it reminds me of my Mother, because she taught me to crochet back in the day how to knit and crochet.  A nice memory.  AND I love the primary colors she used, so bright and cherry.

She also crocheted hats, and headbands.  And she included socks and some personal care items with the her donation.

Lara M. is our newest pair of helping hands.  Thrilled to have you join us and please know that you are making an important difference in the lives of those less fortunate. 

 Many thanks, and please keep up the good work.

**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome Lara M! Love all the afghans! What a nice big donation.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?