Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Monday, November 15, 2010

Drum Roll Please!

The other day I received an email that got me pretty excited. Having just returned to town from vacation, I was in the process of trying to catch up with email, with blogging, with laundry. In catch up mode, I hadn't had the time to respond to the email from Bendy Carter of "Crochet Magazine". The very next day I received a nice phone call from her. Bendy writes a column for the magazine titled, "Caring and Sharing". Each month she writes about a different charity and asked if she could highlight Bridge and Beyond! Naturally I am thrilled and hope you all who've been busy knitting, crocheting, and looming are as well.

The process has several components. Firstly, she creates a design that matches the said charity. She's thinking hat and scarf for Bridge and Beyond. Once she makes the design, she then crochets the piece/pieces. The photo and the pattern along with information about the charity, link to the webpage, and mailing address for items to be donated will then appear in the magazine. Bridge and Beyond is currently slated for September of 2011. It's my understanding it's common place for magazine's to work that far ahead.

Do you all buy Crochet Magazine? Do you have subscription, or do you buy them on line? I am curious to know. Hoping to swing by my local book store on the way to work and pick up a copy so I can be better acquainted with it. Have you read any of her books? Used any of her patterns? Do Tell!

**Edited Dec 4, 2011 to note that the highlighted article appeared in the December issue, not the Sept issue. You can still get a copy. There are lots of wonderful patterns**
2010
Scarves 275
Hats 491
Mittens 64
Socks
79
Slippers
12
Ghans 3
Squares
130 (since Give a Square)

Please remember all donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. It truly DOES make a difference. THANK YOU!

7 comments:

  1. Awesome! That should really get the stuff rolling in. I don't knit or crochet much, so I've never bought it, but I'm really excited about this! Please remind us next September when it hits the stands. I will definitely buy one then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will indeed Lily, actually I'm gonna head out shortly and see if I can get a copy; it's not something I typically buy either, but want to get better acquainted with it. Will keep you posted, and thanks for sharing my excitement

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you're talking about Crochet! it comes with a membership in CGOA so I get it. I have read Bendy's book Dying to Crochet and really enjoyed it. She has a number of other books that look interesting. I e-mailed with her once and she seems a really nice person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sandy! Wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOPS! Hit the sent by mistake. WOW! It's so exciting that B&B will be in a magazine! I am so excited for you. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Bunny for The Birthday wishes, and for sharing in the excitement of the magazine.

    Sandie, I think you're right, thought the email said Crochet Magazine, but when I do google search for it it comes up Crochet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, we still have time to wait for this one. I look forward to seeing this article. Do remind us when it's closer to the debut!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?