Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Thursday, February 27, 2020

Pippy Longstocking Ready to Warm up a Family

Pippy Longstocking is completed.  She's laying here being blocked and drying after her bath, lol.  Makes me think of her skating around the kitchen with her soapy scrub brushes on her feet.  It ended up a better size once blocked 74 x 43 then I first thought it would be.  Still a little more narrow then I sometimes make them; but working with what I have dictates size often.  I did have some problems with the knots and no tails so did a lot of over stitching and working with troubled spots, but...believe since it weathered the laundry, my over stitching worked to shore things up.  Nothing came undone, YIPPEE!  But with that in mind, let me take a minute to remind everyone not to tie a knot and cut, please...please always leave and work in tails with anything you make...knit or crochet.

This is called a potato chip scarf.  I love the color and drape of the yarn.  Actually made it for myself, but didn't like the way it looked on me and think it's better suited for a teen, so am adding it to my donation for Bridge and Beyond.

Bad selfie, but than all of my attempts always are, lol.

Knitted neck gator that stretches enough it can be pulled up like a hood .  Made this some time back and it got tucked into one of my project bags.  I found it the other day as I was re-organizing a bit. 

Lots of personal care items collected on a recent trip to Hilton Head.  Shampoo, soap, hair conditioner, and lotion.  The packets at the top are coffee, which I give directly to Rae so she can prepare coffee when she delivers hot meals on Sat mornings.

It's 24 here this morning, so another cold day.  We had rain the last several days and it mixed with snow yesterday afternoon.  So, still very much winter here.  Keep your crochet hooks and knitting needles busy folks.


**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

5 comments:

  1. Love the way Pippi came out. The green worked quite nicely. The potato chip scarf also came out well. I hear ya - sometimes I don't like the way things look on me either but look great on someone else. The knitted gator that serves a dual purpose sounds handy. My neck is always cold so I do like cowls and such that fit the neck but not too tight as to be claustrophobic. This stretch gator sounds perfect to keep someone nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your visit and sweet comments Sandie, both are appreciated.

      Delete
  2. The afghan Pippi came out great! I like to make potato chip scarves. The color you used is very pretty. Someone will love it. All the personal items are nice for the homeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, I always appreciate your visits and supportive comments.

      Delete
  3. I'm completely amazed by how well Pippi turned out. Someone is going to love wrapping up in that.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?