Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, March 1, 2020

Rolling Hills is in The Works

Rolling Hills is the name I chose for this group of strips.  Brown and green, earthy; but if someone has a suggestion I'm happy to rename it.  These strips are again from that donation intended to be scarves, that just weren't sized to fit the need.

I've laid this out to see how much is needed to make them all the same size so they can be joined to make another afghan.  These are quite narrow and will need additional crocheting to make the width appropriate; but I do love the color combination.  I have both tan and green to use in adding, edging and joining.  I will have some more need to do some over-stitching due to the yarn being cut immediately after knots; but it seems less of a problem than it was in the previous afghan, Pippy Longstocking.

As I type this post, I can actually see sunshine outside my window!  That's pretty exciting because we surely haven't seen much of it.  AND I can begin to see some hopeful signs of spring with some green poking through the dirt in some of my flower beds.  Come on Spring.

How's the weather in your neck of the wood, and what are you all working on with your hooks and needles?

**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

2 comments:

  1. I admire you for figuring out how to save items that are knotted and cut. I know the crocheter had the very best of intentions but it does make extra work. You've got so many skills! I know this will be a beautiful afghan when you've completed it. Perhaps a refresher in scarf sizes is needed as a reminder? With all the efforts out there and so many different requirements, it's easy to get confused. Glad you have the pages with suggestions for reference! I do use those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit, much appreciated. Perhaps I will write a post about size again. It's been a while and likewise the knot thing.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?