Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Knitted and Crocheted Afghans for Homeless Families

 LOVE the colors in the soft warm afghan.  Knitted in the corner to corner method (like Grandma's favorite dishcloth pattern).  Such a pretty color combination, it makes me think of the ocean.  This knitted afghan is being donated by our long time and always generous supporter, Sandra R from the sunny state of Florida.
 AND so it this earthy color combination.  This too is the corner to corner style Some beige, off white, gray's and very light purple/lavender.  Sandra luckily escaped the fears of the most recent hurricane, Dorian as it didn't hit Florida as predicted.  What a huge relief.  We're grateful you and your family and friends are safe and out of harms way.
 Don't blink twice folks.  Yes, this is another corner to corner knitted afghan from our friend Sandra R.  The colors look quite similar to the one above but aren't the same.  There's some blue in this one and more tan, I think.  This gives you an idea of the size of the ghans.  I was having trouble laying them out due to my space at the time I did the photo's, thus some are folded a bit.
 Now, if you're like me; you've decided by this time our friend Sandra R from Florida doesn't sleep.  You've also decided like me, she knits and or crochets all night long.  Yes...this is a 4th afghan.  This is the ever popular ripple and is crocheted.  Does she eat or sleep?  I don't know, but she's been very very busy with her yarn and hooks, and needles.  This ripple is a full size afghan, the corner to corner are a bit more like a large lapghan I think.  All will be loved, and all will keep someone warm.  I LOVE LOVE the colors in this one.
 AND....hope you're still with me.  This is a shell stitch design crocheted afghan of blues and tans.  Great colors for men or women.  I am truly in awe of how much she has been able to produce.  Thinking about it makes my arthritis hurt; but am so happy she's able to do this for Bridge and Beyond and all those we support

                                    
 If you're counting, this if her 6th afghan.  This too is crocheted using the same shell stitch as above but a different color combination.  Ok, earlier I said/wondered aloud if she sleeps or eats,...well know I wonder if she even takes bathroom breaks.  Her hook and needles must be like the Ever Ready Bunny...they keep going and going and going............
AND going!.  Similar colors to blue and tanish shell design, but this afghan is crocheted using good old double crochet.

As of the publishing of this post, these afghans have already been delivered to Homeless Families Foundation and are probably already making people in need happy.  Posts are written and scheduled to post...thus when you read this post........the donations will have already been delivered.

Many many thanks Sandra R for you long time support of Bridge and Beyond, your huge heart in helping homeless in need, and in your phenomenal talents.

**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

8 comments:

  1. Color me impressed! I like that simple double-crocheted gray/blue/tan one - looks like it would be easy to wrap up in and not worry about wanting to display it instead. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are appropriately colored impressed....me too Karla.

      Delete
  2. Wow. Those are amazing! It must have cost a fortune to mail those to you. That is usually my hesitation with things like afghans. It costs so much to mail. But so much need! Kudos to Sandra R. What a lot of work! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie for the visit, right you are on postage and her beautiful work.

      Delete
  3. Sandra R is my hero. Gorgeous blankets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS!!! What wonderful afghans! I don't think you eat or sleep Sandra R. The colors are so nice.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?