Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Monday, January 7, 2019

Crocheted Poncho

Have you noticed the count down to Spring in the right sidebar of this blog?  I keep forgetting to point that out to you all.  I added it a while back to spruce up the blog a bit.......and because I hate winter.  I hate being cold, I hate the gray ugly that is so prevalent here in Central Ohio.  I hate the ice, the snow, the freezing rain.  AND ...I'm inside my nice warm house.  Our homeless friends that we knit and crochet for here on Bridge and Beyond, aren't that lucky.  

Some of our homeless friends truly live out in the elements, some get nights here and there in shelters, some are lucky enough with help through the shelters to find permanent housing.  We strive to help as many as we can here on Bridge and Beyond, knowing we can't help all.

This poncho was included in our last delivery of the year, even though we don't count poncho's and other misc items.  I found it when purging ...guess I should have looked in the bottom of my decken's bench sooner.  I must have tucked it in there once when I was straighten things up.

Final numbers for year will be in the next post.  Please check in.

**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

6 comments:

  1. That looks similar to a prayer shawl pattern I've done. At the time my mother was in a rehab facility/nursing home after falling and breaking her leg. She said some of the ladies complained about being cold all the time and how they'd love a warm wrap around their shoulders, so I made one up.
    Where do you send those types of items? Just curious. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything from Bridge and Beyond goes to either our friend Rae who prepares hot meals for those living out in the elements or one of the shelters. That would have been in the last donation that went to Homeless Families which is where the bulk of our donations go. Hi Karla, nice to see you here on the blog. Hope you'll be a frequent visitors and commentor.

      Delete
  2. Nice looking shawl. It will help to keep someone warmer. I am looking forward to Spring also. Another rainy, dark day here in MI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya big time Sue. The dark dreary damp gets to you after awhile. Hang in there my friend.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful poncho. I love those colors and it will certainly keep someone very warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree on the colors and warmth Sandie, and thanks for the visit and comment. Always appreciated.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?