Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Friday, February 16, 2018

A Very Special Donation for the Homeless

Puerto Rico, an area hit so very very hard from two major hurricanes back in September has Rock Stars, like Da'maris.  Not only did she endure these devastating disasters to her country, but she suffered person injury with a fall and fractured femur.  She required surgery and rehab and is currently walking with a cane.  So sorry she has suffered so much, both personally and emotional with the damage to her country.  But, she is a rock star for sure.  She had knitted this lovely and thoughtful donation for Bridge and Beyond; but was unable to send until now.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  When I read your note, I had tears in my eyes.  

Am thrilled to know you are improving each and everyday, and am very grateful for your huge heart and willingness to help others.  People like you, Rock Stars, make this world a better place.

Please take care of yourself, keep up the good work.  

**The counts on our progress bars are current, the percentages not quite. I'll not be figure the percentages with each update of numbers, but will be updating again next at least by the 20th. I have in fact made a reminder not on my cell phone for the 20th of each month to do percentages. If we're at a milestone, or I just have extra time I may do it more often...but certainly at that scheduled time.

** All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing donation and what a triumph over that Hurricane!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed you're right. thanks for your visit and comment, both are appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful donation Damaris! I am so sorry to learn that you were hurt in the hurricane. I wish you the best in your recovery. Thank you for thinking of others while you have been in need yourself. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nicely said Sue, and thanks for your sweet note.

      Delete
  3. Awwww Sandy you made me cry. Thank you for your love and concern to me and my country. Thank you all so much for your kindness. I continue with my rehab and i'm doing well.I still without power now for 5 1/2 months. The first 2 months after hurricanes was horrible everything collapsed, power, water, communications, gas station, supermarkets, everything, everything. Only one radio station kept informing. I hope with the help of God we will be up. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry my country under this particular Administration hasn't done what they should to help you and your fellow countrymen. It makes me ashamed of them, truly. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers. ((HUGS))

      Delete
  4. Thank you with all my heart ❤️.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?