Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Wrong Color....really!

Do you relate to this?  LOL, not sure I do, in that I don't get angry, I'm more surprised and think..........how is that possible I don't have the right color?  Or I have the color, but it's the wrong type of yarn.  AND who doesn't like a good excuse to go yarn shopping?

Hope you got a chuckle and the next time you look through your yarn; maybe you'll think of this little comic.

2015 DONATIONS:
Hats: 238
Scarves 94
Mittens/Gloves/Wrist Warmers: 45
Slippers: 63
Rain Poncho's:  95
Cotton Washcloths: 221
Afghans: 16
Socks: 157
Cowls/Hoody Combo's/ 17
Shawls 1
Misc: items like personal care and things don't fit into above categories aren't counted

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

10 comments:

  1. CUTE CARTOON. this lady is apparently much more of a perfectionist then I am. I manage to find something in my yarn that I want and if not it is an excuse to go to the yarn store.Crocheting is relaxing for me and I dont ever let it make me angry:+)
    Wet swampy weather yesterday,supposed to be bright and sunny today. A storm last week broke my deck umbrella and I need to go and buy another today,now THAT made me angry:+) Have a good one. GOD BLESS THE HOMELESS. marj in minnesota

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you, I don't do the anger thing and usually have what I need, but if not...hey yarn store, lol. Sorry about your umbrella, hope you find one you like.

      Delete
  2. Hey Sandy,
    Special thanks for visiting my blog. I love your mission for the homeless. I shall be sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbie, appreciate the visit, the comment,and the share. Will get you added to my blog log to make visiting back and forth easier.

      Delete
  3. Not reached that stage- doubt I ever will as I am not really a knitter- hope that does not get me thrown off the board. I have just completed one leg warmer..one more to go and I have a pair...after a 20 year gap since I last did anything. I enjoy a local craft group where they knit or sew- feel a bit of a fraud though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Zannie, pulling out your crochet hook after 20 years, thrilled you're getting back into it.

      Delete
  4. Too funny and I have had this happen when I make cards so I often have to be creative in my creative world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...I've done that too, if I don't have the color I thought, I get more creative to come up with a plan/pattern of how to use what have.

      Delete
  5. Cute! Yep, had to buy a bright red last year. I had a friend want a bright red seed stitch scarf. I only had a small ball of red yarn left from something else I had made, so I had to buy some red. I had many other colors at home, but not the red.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, always appreciate your visits and comments.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?