Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Saturday, June 20, 2015

So You Think You Can Knit/Crochet ?

Spotted this funny a little while back and thought it was worth a share for all of us knitters, crocheters, and loomers.  Made me chuckle, "you go girl",lol.  Wasn't there something on TV several years ago about someone who knitted or crocheted super fast and set some worlds record?  I used to crochet quite fast, have never knitted fast,...........but as arthritis becomes an issue it's important to slow down a bit.

This is the time of year when donations naturally slow down.  Or should I say have historically slowed down.  Many people don't knit or crochet in warmer months, yarn sticks to your hands and who wants something hot on their laps....I get that, but would suggest making other things vs not making anything until bad weather comes again.  I've also found sitting at a table and having the item on the table is somewhat helpful vs having the item in your lap, particularly a larger item, however.........for those of us who knit/crochet in front of the tv, that method may not work.

We have had a wetter than normal spring here in Central Ohio, while many parts of The US really need our rain.  Too bad we can't share it some how.  It would eliminate the flooding in some areas and the drought conditions elesewhere.  We can't really knit or crochet something that keeps someone dry in these wetter than normal conditions, but no doubt our hats are often used in the evenings.  As a result of being wetter, it's also cooler.

Please keep The Homeless in Your Thoughts all year long, not just in fall and winter.  Thank you Write with Fey for adding our blog badge for Bridge and Beyond to your blog to help spread the word, it's appreciated.  Fey's blog interviews writers, reviews books and discusses other book related items.  If you're interested in building your reading list, or want to try something new..........please visit her blog and let her know you're from Bridge and Beyond. (Write with Fey is listed on the blog log, we met during the recent April A-Z Blog Challenge).

2015 DONATIONS:
Hats: 238
Scarves 94
Mittens/Gloves/Wrist Warmers: 45
Slippers: 63
Rain Poncho's:  95
Cotton Washcloths: 221
Afghans: 16
Socks: 157
Cowls/Hoody Combo's/ 17
Shawls 1
Misc: items like personal care and things don't fit into above categories aren't counted

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

17 comments:

  1. That is a cute cartoon :) 97 degrees here today and heading to Phoenix where it should be about 111 degrees. You are right, the last thing on my mind is being creative with yarn; more like staying cool. Do worry about the homeless with the extremes of the heat.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stay cool Betty and send some sun this way, we really need it to dry up some of this water.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I always saw that my talents couldn't be an act on those talent TV shows. Who wants to watch someone write? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....hey who knows Chrys, we have reality tv these on about everything you can think off. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete
  3. it was National Knit Outside Day here in the UK last Saturday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was here also Zannie, we call it knit in public day,and every year I plan to do something and every year something prevents me from doing so. This year it was rain, then RAIN, then...rain. Dang it.

      Delete
  4. I have been working on dish/wash clothsn here at home. At work, I have a scarf in the works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, glad to hear it Sue, much appreciated.

      Delete
  5. i AM LIKE YOU SUE. Have a box of socks and am making washcloths, Have collected a few personal items to go along. Should get this out by the first of July. Heat is definitely easier if you have clean socks and a way to clean up.
    Hot day today. Very humid. Went out to breakfast with my son and found an umbrella for my deck. They have been cutting down trees in the neighborhood and a deck without an umbrella is unbearable. Happy to get home and out of the heat.Hope that out friends under the bridge are able to find a cool drink.,and a shady spot to rest. GOD BLESS THE HOMELESS. marj in minnesota

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found an umbrella, we're still dark, damp, and cool here. Haven't seen the sun or anything dry now in over a week. Sun, and heat later will be a problem for them. Are they cutting down trees because of damage?

      Delete
  6. Cute cartoon.
    We're having a wetter than usual spring here as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such extremes around the country...be nice to be somewhere in between, but then I remind myself...I am blessed, I have a roof over my head.

      Delete
  7. I find that I am a bit busier during the warmer months. I spend more time outdoors, walking, going to the beach. I am working on a infinity scarf. But I’ve been working on it for about six weeks. I picked it up every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend more time outdoors also lyndagrace, you get tired of being cooped up all winter. Awesome you're working some on your scarf.

      Delete
  8. Funny comic-made me laugh. My Oma would knit all year because she had to make outfits and then give it for Christmas to her children. She had a garden, animals, a full home, 4 children and no indoor plumbing plus she had a part time job. It cane be done so I hope more people with knit so when the cool weather starts, you have plenty foe the homeless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Oma sounds like she was a real busy woman!

      Delete
    2. You took the words right out of my mouth Sue. Birgit's Oma sounds like super woman, I often think our ancestors were...they had to be be. What wonderful roll models for us they were.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?