Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Saturday, November 13, 2021

Bridge and Beyond Donations Totals for 12 Years!



I' ve compiled the numbers for 12 years of donations.  Starting with the one month in 2008 through the end of last year, 2020.  

You can see totals for each item for each year and then a subtotal excluding what we've done so far this year.  Notice the yellow blocks, those are the best years for each item.

Thought you'd like to see this all laid out.  This will of course be updated to include our final numbers for this last year, 2021 and then grand totals.

Things not listed with stats are personal care items, poncho's and other misc. items.

This has been a labor of love for me, and I hope you all feel the same.  I'm happy with how much we've accomplished and that we kept Bridge and Beyond going for what will be 13 years when we close up shop next month, Dec 31st 2021.

For those local you can delivery your donations to Homeless Families Foundations at 33 North Grubb Street, Columbus, Ohio  43215.  I would suggest calling ahead 614-461-9247, as their hours may continue to change with regard to Covid.  Currently on their webpage they indicate drop offs can happen on Monday from 10 am to 1 pm.  This is what I've stuck with throughout this pandemic.

Additionally, donations can be delivered to Faith Mission, there mailing address is 245 N. Grant Avenue, Columbus, Ohio  43215, 614-224-6617.  However, deliveries should be made at the back loading dock 217 N. Grant.  Again, I would suggest calling before you plan to make a delivery. 

These are two shelters we've supplied throughout our 13 years.

I am checking into charities for Homeless that accept knitted and crocheted donations.  Currently have communication pending with one in Oklahoma and one in Michigan.

If you want to keep your donations local, please call your nearest shelter or church in your area.  A general google search appears to show listings of shelters in each state.

Please continue to check in, as I will continue to show what donations we're still getting; as well as supply you with possible charities you might like to become involved.




**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

6 comments:

  1. I love stats. It's so interesting to see how things evolve over time. Will you keep the blog up after you stop accepting donations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I plan to in order to help re-direct people to other charities. And in case I've missed letting someone know. I've posted here multiple times, have it posted in the FB group and have notified each person by email as a donation arrives. Plan to do a group email, but...I might miss someone.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the totals for the different years. Thank you for listing 2 different places we can still send donation to. They are now listed in my charity address notebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't listed anything yet beyond those that are local who can drop off. I haven't been given the go ahead to mail to Homeless Families or Faith Mission. Please stay tuned.

      Delete
    2. I hope we can mail to them. I did write down the phone numbers in case I needed to call them.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the information regarding Faith Mission. I will watch for updates.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?