Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Saturday, December 5, 2020

5 Afghans and Counting, for Ohio's Homeless

Thank you Marsha M for this generous donation of afghans and lapghans.  As you can see, Marsha has been very very busy.  She's been working on these ghans for a good long while.  I picked up a full car load from her.  Seriously, a full car load.  Not going to tell you yet how many.  Will be sharing them with you and counting them as I get them laundered and blocked.  These pictures are in fact as they are laying about the house drying and being blocked.  This large granny square has a center block and works out from there.  Please click to enlarge so you can see all the colors.
AND this one is such a fun bright variegated yarn.  Some teen or adult woman is going to love this color.  It reminds me of roses, which also reminds me of summer and warmer weather.  Which I wish we were currently having, but we are not.  Thus far, we've had one snow that stayed for 2 days before melting.  Hopefully it will stay away for awhile. 
AND, this one is very Patriot with it's red, white and blue.  Rather than a single large square, this is made from 6 good size squares and is large enough for a nice family ghan.
But, don't go away.  We're not done.  I have more of Marsha's work to share with you.  This 4th afghan is a bit more open, lighter and lacy style granny center square.  The colors are very very fall like and remind of falling leaves.
AND this, afghan/lapghan #5, hello Halloween.  This is another center square style granny square afghan/lapghan.  Hoping a family with some children get this one because it really reminds of Halloween, and children so love Halloween.

What a fun variety of colors.  I hope you enjoyed seeing them as much as I did.  But, remember...do come back, cause there's more and I'm telling you how many more.  You have to come to find out.

Many thanks Marsha and please keep up the good work.  Stay warm and stay safe and healthy all.


**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Marsha M. You were so busy with all these afghans. They are all so nice and warm looking. You will be keeping many people warm this winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit and wonderful comments, as always, much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Marsha's fingers must be sore from all that work! Nice job! I think as my favorite of this group I will choose the second one with the red/pinks/orange. I can't tell exactly the color but I love the look of it. Looks like a variegated yarn.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?