Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Yarn....truly Yarn Helps the Homeless

Blogging in alphabetical order brings us to today's letter Y.  In the previous round of blogging in alphabetical order,  the letter Y's post was titled Yarn, A poem.  I've posted it here on Bridge and Beyond a couple of times, the poem that is.  My darling SIL wrote it for me and I really like it.  Please check out the previous post and her poem.

Back when I was blogging in alphabetical order for the blog challenge, the post for Y was...Yarn Helps Homeless.  Always nice to have folks go back and re-read or read for the first time previous posts.

Soooooo, it seems I've not come up with anything new for the letter Y.  Before you is a picture of yarn...of yarn helping the homeless.  What you don't see here in this picture is the rest of it, lol.  I decided it was time to tame the stash and  brought up every container and bag from the basement and sorted the stash based on color.  It was sorted that way a few years ago, but with additional yarn being donated, my having bits and pieces left from projects, taking yarn out to use and finding it not quite the color I needed and it might not getting back in the proper place.......... it needed to be done again...........this yarn organization took almost a whole day.  

Additionally, I was making up projects bags by laying out projects to work on and selecting the yarn needed to put it in one of my many project bags.  I now ...drum roll...have filled 7 bags here in my office for 7 projects with the yarn necessary to complete them....all afghans.  There's still plenty of yarn, and plenty of empty bags...but I was trying not to go crazy with the idea, lol

This afghan was designed sometime back from stripes someone sent that were too short and narrow to be scarves.  They will be joined, and added to enough to make a afghan.   I laid out green, rose, and tan for possible colors to edge and join...stay tuned for which one I ended up selecting.

**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

5 comments:

  1. That is going to be a very cheerful afghan and will make someone warm and happy! Your ability to combine colors and work from others to make an afghan is nothing short of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the visit Lisa and the very sweet comment. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. The Yearning to help has led to the purchase of much Yarn which Yielded so many scarves, hats and other items in the Yearlong effort to help the homeless. Love the many colored afghan, Sandy. (P.S. I got the picture thing again and it would not accept me no matter what I did so going google.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and sorry to hear the picture thing is creating trouble again. I wish I understand how, since I have no monitoring on my comments. I have disabled that thing, I hate them. Sometimes when I try to comment on someone's page it takes me multiple tries to get the comment to post. Let me know if you find out anything.

      Delete
  3. I love how cheerful that afghan looks. I also like all the Yarn piles on the floor. Those will make nice afghans also.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?