Today's letter in our blogging in alphabetical order is P. I focused on Pollution. When I viewed this video, that's what first came to mind. This jogger, initially named #Jogger Joe and later identified as Henry William Sintay is polluting. Does he actually think he's helping clean up trash...or what he thinks is trash by throwing it in Lake Merritt in Oakland California?
- Yes, some of the stuff, the personal belongings of a homeless man may appear to be trash to walkers, runners etc that frequent the area; but how does breaking the bottles and spreading them about help?
- How does stealing personal belongings that aren't yours help?
- How does polluting The Lake seem like a good idea?
- How can things like this be fixed? Are there not enough trash cans around for the homeless man to put his actual trash in?
- What a cruel and thoughtless thing for this #joggerJoe, #HenryWilliamSintay to do. I'm glad he was arrested and put in jail and fined.
- Doing a google search produces several articles and other video's. Apparently This Henry William Sintay arrest is for first degree robbery, he's also assaulted someone, tried to steal a cell phone. Thus the large bail at $100,000.00.
- In one clip he says he's cleaning up trash and pretends not to know it's a homeless person's belongings........in another clip he says the man has taken up permanent residence in this area. So clearly he knew it was just "trash".
- Homeless person is Greg Markson known to people in the area as a peaceful homeless man who goes by the name of Drew (which I saw spelled a few different ways in my google search of articles).
- JJ Harris is the person who did the filming.
- When Greg Markson returned to what had been his tidy camp (according to those who interacted with him on a regular basis), he stuff had been destroyed. Locals brought him fresh blankets to help him through the weekend.
**This is the same park where a White Woman recently called the police on Black picnickers who were grilling out. You might remember his video went viral. Speculation is, this White JoggerJoe, Henry William Sintay is yet another racist incident, as the homeless man who's camp was destroyed is a Black Man.
**The counts on our progress bars are current. All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.