Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving, a special day we set aside to feast and spend time with family.  It's taken on perhaps different meanings throughout our history, and within our families.  Giving thanks for bounty, giving thanks to God for our blessings, for making it through the difficulties of the frontier, for the help of friends.

Sharing an older family photo here, my Mother was still alive, my brothers and Father didn't have gray hair, a time when we were all younger.  Certainly for many, for many fortunate people they spend this special day with family, friends and other loved ones.  We pause and remember those no longer with us.

Many of us spend untold hours in the kitchen, preparing the feast, cooking more food then anyone can truly eat, certainly more then is healthy for us.  Many say they'll diet tomorrow, lol.   I wore my apron all day Tuesday as I made the traditional homemade egg noodles.

I had 4 of these smaller drying racks and one really large one, full.  Made 5 batches of them.  I make enough for the meal of 25-30 ish people.  The numbers vary year to year.  The family is now much larger then the older photo above.  I make enough for my Dad and two brothers to have a pouch for later with their left overs, and usually enough for us for down the road.

For many, the days involves lots of hours of football.  Though this is obviously a college game not a pro-game.

Whatever your family tradition or routine is on this special day of giving thanks for our many blessings, please remember those less fortunate.  Please remember the cold, hungry homeless whom aren't seated at a table with family and friends enjoying themselves in comfort.  I have so much to be greatful for, as do many of you reading this post; some don't...please keep them in your hearts and prayers.

I am thankful for so many things, too many too name.  I am thankful for all of you who knit, who crochet, who give of your time and energy to warm the cold homeless in need.  Bless you all!

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! Love the way you dry your homemade noodles. That is something I have never made, but do rememeber my Grandma Seger making them. But I think she laid them flat to dry. Many Churches and shelters had free food today. I thought that was so nice of them to help the homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MARJ IN MINNESOTA/11 DEGREESNovember 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM

    HAPPY THINKSGIVING. most of us were lucky enough to sit down to a hot meal with family and friends, in a warm house full of laughter . We do not know the feeling of getting up out of a cold bed, under a bridge and pray that we can find enough to feed outselves, say nothing of our children and family. It has to be hard to know that most people have too much and you have nothing usually through no fault of your own. Please remember to help those less fortunate in your own areas as well and GOD BLESS US ALL AND GOD BLESS THE HOMELESS.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?