Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Memories of Bridge and Beyond and all YOU'VE Accomplished

As we approach the end of this year, 2010; I thought it might be fun and appropriate to see where we've been. On Dec 2, 2008 I made my first post here after putting together the blog. I envisioned a team style blog, but ran into issues with compatibility and found trying to work with it cumbersome. So very quickly changed to a regular blog, where I post but anyone can comment...member or non member, blogger or non blogger. That proved to be a good change, as we've had much help from fellow knitters and crocheters who don't happen to be fellow bloggers. Some we know from Crochetville, some from Ravelry, and some find us and make contact via email.

By December 5, 2008 one of our blog readers Sunny Fairy designed our cool blog badge. Though we no longer hear from her via blogging, we still use the cool badge she designed. Thank you very much Sunny Fairy, it is still appreciated.

In less than a week, 6 days to be exact I received the first of many emails to come asking for an address to mail donations, and clarifying how they might help the cause. I can still remember how excited I was to get those emails on Dec 8, having only started the blog on the 2nd. WOW

By December 9th, we had our first donation. Hats off to our Very Dear and long time friend, Bunny. Bunny still supports us with her talent. Many thanks! Her name is clickable if you'd like to pop over and say hi on her blog.

A few days later, I finished my first scarf for the cause.

By Dec, 31, 2008...less than one month from start up we had collected 24 scarves and 33 hats! In that time frame I had written 19 posts, and we had 100 comments.

During the first month Dec 2nd through Dec 31, 2008 The following people knitted, or crocheted and sent donations:
Bunny, Dorothy in Wisc, Frosty from Rav, Dorothy in San Antonio, Judy from Ohio, Molly, Sandie from Louisiana, and Melanie (Lil_Knitter from Rav).
I'd like to take another opportunity to say THANK YOU. It is because of you, I felt encouraged to continue to knit and crochet and blog often about our cause. It is because of you I felt encouraged to continue the fight to help homeless and those in need.

My deepest appreciation for each and every stitch you've made.
2010
Scarves 306
Hats 574
Mittens 143
Socks 80
Slippers 15
Ghans 7
Squares
133


Please remember all donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. It truly DOES make a difference. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?