Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Adding Orange for Health

orange yarn stashOrange stash. Well I don't have as much orange stash as with some other colors; but believe I have enough variety in shades that this will be a good next color in the color stash busting corner to corner ghan. And everyone knows eating oranges is a healthy thing to do, so making a ghan to keep one warm will hopefully have the same healthy benefit.
knitted afghan for homelessAs I continue to decrease I feel like I'm on the home stretch with this knitted corner to corner ghan. I've made one other ghan in this method and really like the diagonal stripes. The negative of course to so many changes in colors, will be the number of ends I'll have to tuck in. This is going to Faith Mission, where women and children are given temporary housing .

2010
Scarves 305
Hats 565
Mittens 142
Socks 80
Slippers 15
Ghans 5
Squares 115


Please remember all donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. It truly DOES make a difference. THANK YOU!

5 comments:

  1. This is an attractive use of odd bits of yarn. You definitely have a nice selection of colors and tints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy it was a fun one to make, it kept changing before my very eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how it's coming out! What a great way to use up your yarn odds and ends. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it funny how we sometimes accumulate a lot of a particular color without even realizing it. I am that way with pastels and with blues. I love peach and don't get much call for it, but I buy it anyway. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always look at the peach and think what a pretty color...but haven't purchased it much. lol

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?