Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Donations for Bridge and Beyond to Kick off 2017

 These wonderful 7 adults scarves are beautifully crocheted by Ann M.  I love the colors, so suitable for both men and women.
 These cute scarves are also from Ann for the kiddo's.  Remember folks all pictures on the blog can be clicked to enlarge the picture so that you can better see the details in the thoughtful and beautiful donations for Bridge and Beyond.  Please keep up the good work.
 These 3 hats and 2 scarves are wonderfully made by an anonymous crafter.  LOVE the hat style that rolled brim because they're extra warm.  The scarves are crocheted and the hats are knitted, I believe on those round looms.  Remember folks you can be anonymous here on the blog (if you choose), but you can not be anonymous to me.  If you wish to remain anonymous here, simply tell me that in your note with your donation.  It's important, for several reasons that I am able to get ahold of you, the thoughtful donors; and thus I do need to know whom you are.  Thank you for your note and your gracious donation.
This lovely donation of slippers is from our good friend Paulette J.  Be sure folks to click to enlarge so you can see all the fun styles and colors she's used.  Special thanks for tagging each lovely pair with size, it's so greatly appreciated.

As always please keep up the good work and know how many comfy pairs of feet you've made with your wonderful donation. (Thank you also Jane B for mailing this wonderful donation)
------------------

Thank you all for your donations, for your visits to the blog, for your blog comments, for your visits and comments on FB as well.  It seems most of the folks I've heard from liked our method of posting the previous years numbers and subtracting our current donation from it, so I will continue that method again this year.

On the previous post are final numbers for the last several years, if you've not gotten a chance to review them.  My apologies for the sliding chart, as it didn't look that way when I made it on google docs or when I'm embedded the code.  I was out of town after posting it without my computer so didn't have a way to change it to make it more readable.

Numbers for 2016:
Hats  514 (which was 46 over the previous year)
Scarves 370 (which was 174 over the previous year)
Mittens 108 (which was 15 less then the previous year)
Slippers 91 (which was 14 less then the previous year)
Rain Ponchos 211 (which was 106 over the previous year)
Cotton Washcloths 236 (which was 218 less than the previous year)
Afghans 36(which was one less than the previous year)
Socks 135 pairs (which was 66 pairs less then the previous year)



The day I left town I photographed donations from anonymous, Ann M, and Paulette J so that I could blog about them when I arrived at my destination.  However, that proved to be not possible.  I had the pictures on my phone, but couldn't load them from the phone to the blog.  I emailed them to myself and tried to load them from my ipad, which was also a bust.  Frustrating that it doesn't work like it does from my computer.

Sadly, these donation have been waiting til my return to get posted here, and share with you all.

Many thanks for your patience ladies, it's much appreciated.

2016 Donations:
HATS: 514-3=511
SCARVES: 370-14=356
MITTENS: 108
SLIPPERS: 91-28=63
RAIN PONCHOS: 211
COTTON WASHCLOTHS: 236
AFGHANS: 36
SOCKS: 135

****donations that arrived while I was away were delivered yesterday by my friendly and ever caring postal worker from: Dee Ann H, Gail B, Emily K, Sandra R, Patty C, Carol W, and anonymous, please stay tuned as I catch up from being away for 3 wks.****

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful donations that you all sent in! Ann, Anonymous, Jane and Paulette, what nice items you sent.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?