Things that are important to remember as we gear up:
- Remember items need to be warm, no holes, no open stitches. Avoid stitches like v stitches with crochet. How do you know if your stitches are too open? If you can put your fingers through it...it's too open. Select a smaller hook and or different stitch. Holes and open stitches make the scarves, hats etc not as warm as they need to be. Avoid stitches like granny stitches for scarves and hats and other similar stitches.
- Remember pastels colors get dirty, people don't have the ease of a washing machine; so please avoid pastels, ivory, white and tan.
- Please avoid wild strips, solids are truly best. Homeless do not want to call attention to themselves. Solids work for men, women, teen, and children; while fun stripes may only work for children.
- Avoid all novelty yarn, suede, cotton, and wool (unless it's washable wool).
- Please remember to add tags to ALL your hats, mittens, and slippers with the size you made.
- Please remember to add a note that includes your name, and your email ady. Anonymous donations are not accepted. You can be anonymous to the group/blog by leaving me a note with your donation; but being anonymous to me is not acceptable.
- We do not collect items sized for babies.
- PLEASE check the item tab so the item you make meets the requirements for color, size, and fiber. These requirements are needed so that items made are truly what is needed.
All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.