Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Expaning the Mission, Volunteers Needed

 Sadly, new areas where pockets of homeless people in need have come to light.  Currently 5 areas in the North end of Columbus are known about.  I say sadly, because there is need.  However, it's a need we can answer.  We can, and will continue our support of homeless in need.  These 5 areas will receive hot meals on Saturday mornings.  Our good friend Rae, is heading up this quest.  There are now enough volunteers to continue to care for the original "Bridge People", and to reach out now to others.

She'll be happy to accept help from anyone local wanting to become involved with the preparing and distribution of the hot meals.  If you're local to Columbus and want to assist with this ministry, please leave a comment below, and or email me at sandycrochet@gmail.com.  I'll pass along your contact information to Rae so plans can be worked out. 

She will need some basic supplies to expand this ministry into the new area.  Plastic grocery bags are needed, large plastic garbage bags are needed, and plastic containers, (butter dishes, yogurt containers, cottage cheese containers and the like) are needed.  Please wash out your empty containers and donate them.  If you're local, you can drop them off and or mail them to me.  If you're not local and would like to donate, email me for my address.  The plastic containers are used for left overs after meal preparation, the large garbage bags are to help the homeless carry their limited clothes, and the plastic grocery bags are used for them to carry their hot meal in.

Naturally if you knit, crochet, or loom; you can make and donate hats, mittens, and scarves to help keep them warm.  If you're able to shop for men's socks, they are always needed.  The words, hats, mittens, and scarves are all links and will take you to the tab on the top of the blog with necessary information you need to read regarding size, colors, and fibers needed; and what to avoid.

Please lend your prayers to this new expanded ministry, as together we start down another  path.  So many people need us...need YOU and ME to do what we can to ease their journey.

2013 Donation Totals 
Hats: 111
Scarves: 78
Socks: 39
Afghans: 2 
Slippers: 13
Rain Ponchos:2
Mittens: 4 
Cotton WashClothes:47
Shawls, Sweaters, Vests, Poncho's: 4
Misc. Items: include personal care, headbands, handwarmers, cowls/gators etc aren't tabulated

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

14 comments:

  1. Prayers to everyone involved with this new project . The need is endless. Would be lovely to be able to help them all. God Bless them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sad. Many prayers are being offered. I will send a box, soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marj and Denise for your visits, comments, and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I have a few scarves made but was waiting to mail them when scarves show up on the 2013 calendar. What do you prefer: should I mail them to you now, or hold them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Harvest, do what's easiest for you and cost effective in terms of mailing. Thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful mission of caring. I live in Michigan, and I see that we're on the map of those who send donations. We have a ministry through our church that I support with cash and purchased items. Wish I was proficient enough to make hand sewn items, but a typical quilting project of mine spans years to completion. In the end, I guess we all do what we can - with some, like you - serving as stellar examples of the way we all should be living - in service to others, and in particular, "the least of our brothers."

    ReplyDelete
  7. J, thank you for visiting and sharing your sweet comment. How thoughtful of you. Nice to know you're helping those in up North.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will spread the word at school and see if we can find a few more crocheters :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Kate, we appreciate all the help you can offer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will pray for all those involved inthis new mission. I will also continue to knit mittens and hats whenever I can. God gave me this gift so that I might share it with others. Praying that all my hats and mittens find the way to those who need them most. Thanks to you Sandy and Rae for all you do to help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear about more homeless people. At least they will be getting some food now. I am glad that this group is growing, so that we can & will help more people. I was thinking that when I can send more goodies to you, I could put the washcloths into a plastic container and mail that in my box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea SSeger and thanks Sally

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandy,
    I am trying to get together a group of woman in my neighborhood that would like to help. Can I contact you via email, Sandy, to get more information?
    Pam S.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pam, please feel free. My email is listed in the mission statement sandycrochet@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    You didn't leave a way for me to contact you.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?