Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Friday, October 22, 2010

More Mittens for the challenge, Yippee!

knitted mittens for homelessAWESOME...we have another pair of mittens for our Mitten Challenge, our Mitten Throw Down, our Mitten Month. Thank you James. James, a long time supported knits beautifully. These are wonderful, warm, and soft......and big enough for our men living outdoors so in need. Many thanks James for your ongoing thoughtful support. James is in the process of moving and hopes to get more mittens to us, though they won't be for the challenge as he's busy moving. So, we can look forward to more wonderful knitted goodies from him. Hope the move is going well James.

There's still time folks to get your mittens in for the challenge. Again my thanks to Beth for the idea, for her writing us another pattern. You'll find her patterns, and James's pattern in the tabs at the top of the page.
2010
Scarves 260
Hats 401
Mittens 43+1=44
Socks
77
Slippers



For those that look and plan ahead, be sure and check out Give a Square (see blog badge in the sidebar).

Keep up the good work one and all. You are all very much appreciated.

Please remember all donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. It truly DOES make a difference. THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. Great-looking mittens. I must get busy and knit something for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be awesome Nancy. Love to have some from you. Thanks for the visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mittens and socks are things I've just never been able to get hold of in my little crochet brain. I think God has given me the scarf/hat skill and decided to gift others with the mitten/sock skill. That's okay. We are all purposed to good in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very true Sandie. As hubby says, that's why we can find our car in the parking lot...we're all different. I think that's what makes us a group so great. Different skills and abilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design on the mittens. I also am not much of a mitten knitter and I have never tried socks. Maybe some day but right now I keep busy enough knitting other things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Improving in on my list to do, lol, but these mittens were more then just my improving my skills. lol

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?