Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Feeling Pink?

pin crocheted granny squaresAre you feeling pink today? lol If not, perhaps this will help. There are 23 squares, couple of different sizes all crocheted by our friend Karen V. Some square are granny squares (worked in the round center out), while some are sampler squares (worked side to side). Some are pale pink, some dusty rose pink, some coral pink, and some are hot pink (pepto pink). I've measured and separated and currently have 16 squares in the 7 inch inch in a bag with some white yarn. Still in the thinking stages......and waiting to hear about ages, and numbers of kids at The Mission before making a final determination. But, currently thinking pink and off white lap size ghan/child size ghan.

These squares are well ahead of my 2 month collection period of November and December for Give a Square, sooooo I might change my mind. I like to stare and think a bit before putting squares together to make something. lol...they do talk to me, sorta.

Many thanks Karen V. for your ongoing support. It is appreciate on so many levels, and in more ways then I can possible say. Hugs!

Keep those scarves and hats coming....and PLEASE Mittens. We're almost at the end of the month of September. I want to deem October Mitten Month, with emphasis on Men. That doesn't mean we don't need or want the other items those months, but if you're wondering what to make....think Mittens.

2010
Scarves 196
Hats 381
Mittens 40
Socks 73


Please remember all donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. It truly DOES make a difference. THANK YOU!

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to wander by and say how much I appreciate that you accept and find a recipient for just about any kind of donation. Lots of times there are such stringent guidelines about what can be accepted - and it's nice to know that no matter what size my item turns out to be it will be accepted and given to someone (and it's never the size I start out thinking it will be! Stupid gauge. ;-) ). It may seem like a small, or strange thing to be grateful for, but as someone who knits for charity I like knowing that if my item isn't perfectly what I set out to create, it will still be appreciated because you will find *someone* who can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These squares will make a beautiful afghan for someone in need...great job Karen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice variety of squares! Love the different patterns used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you James, I agree with your statement. I've seen some guidedlines to strict that it would take the fun, the creativity out. Even some squares that I've seen requested, not only have to be the same siZe (which I can understand is far easy to work with); but even the same 1 pattern.

    They have and will Sarah. I've used a good number of these pink squares already put together and donated.

    They are a nice variety Sandie, I think I have some in the designs waiting to be put together in addition to those already completed and donated.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?