Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Doubled it up, Darling Daughter

knitted scarf for homelessDouble yarn, the Lion Brand Homespun (black) is from the donated yarn from my Darling Daughter. This scarf is the 3rd one I've knitted from the yarn she donated. The blue, mauve-rust, purple, and tanish yarns all from my stash are knitted worsted yarn. Some I had on hand and some donated by Rae's Mother. The center is the blue, though I think that's hard to see in the picture. I used size 13 knitting needles since I was using the two strands of yarn. It's super thick and should be nice and warm to help keep a homeless person warmer.

Though we do now have spring flowers growing and trees blooming here in Central Ohio, the homeless are indeed still cold and in need. I'm sitting here in the house with a fleece on; so you can imagine how cold they are outside without a roof over their heads. We still have frost most nights, and lots of dampness along with strong winds. It will probably be 2 more months before they aren't in need of warm items to help protect them from the elements. So, PLEASE keep those hands busy with hooks, needles, and looms.

And remember, we collect items all year long, all 12 months of the year.

Thanks for all you do.

**pop back to see what Gail contributed. Picture will be up in a few days.

2010
Scarves 130+1=131
Hats 183
Mittens 13 pairs
Socks 28 pairs

2008-2009
Hats 368
Mittens 66
Scarves 147
Socks 79 pair
*counts from day 1, Dec 2 2008

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this scarf and the colors!! Keep knitting ~ maybe someday I will get back to it too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?