Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Friday, January 15, 2010

Much excitement in the charity world

Folks donations are coming in daily. Many many thanks to all who crochet and or knit, who've helped to spread the word etc. I'm hearing from new helping hands which tells me the word of our need is getting out there. I can't tell you how pleased that makes me.

Still looking to connect with a Becky P, from I believe the state of Washington in order to say thanks. Her donation came, has been photographed etc, but I can't find whom she is to say thank you. Does anyone know her, have an email ady or blog url? Is she in one of your charity groups? Please let me know Her thoughtful donation is HERE.

**just found Becky P, she's bpeatknits from RAV, yippee, one mystery solved. (added her to our members list


crochet hatscrocheted hats
These 2 pictures are from someone in Thousand Oaks California. There is no name, no email ady, or blog url with this donation. The hats on the left are nice and thick, double yarn I think from the feel of it, and are crocheted. The items on and around Susie in the 2nd picture are also crocheted and will go to the clinic for younger kids. (the 2 small baby/infant hats will be passed along to the hospital, as babies aren't treated at the free clinic). Mia is our mystery person from Thousand Oaks, CA. Glad that's been solved. Thanks very much Mia for your donation.

PLEASE, a reminder folks to include your name, your email ady, and or blog url with your thoughtful donations. Some of you I know by blog nickname, some by email ady/avatars; and often folks use different names and ID's in a variety of charity groups. I want to properly thank and give credit to those helping hands; help me do that by including the information with your donation.

2010
Scarves 16
Hats 9+12=21
Socks 28
Mittens 3 pair

2008-2009
Hats 368
Mittens 66
Scarves 147
Socks 79 pair
*counts from day 1, Dec 2 2008

check back for donations from Sandie, Trudy, Angela, Bonnie and Robbie

2 comments:

  1. wow.. What a great group of caring people..welcome to all the new members...All the donations are beautiful and will warm anyone who is lucky to get it...Well Sandy I think you best be making your mailman a batch of home made cookies and a buy a big box of chocolates for Valentines day... I bet he wonders what's all in the packages....Thanks everyone for caring about people in need of warmth..

    Michigan48650

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michigan
    My mailman, the regular guy actually knows about our group and often asks about us and the people we're caring for. He's a super guy. The subs though, I bet they do indeed wonder what's going on. lol

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?