Since it's early in our new year, 2018, thought I'd post some ideas. These ideas are ways you can help the homeless. Maybe you've been here to the blog, Bridge and Beyond before; but have forgotten ways to help the homeless.........maybe you're new to reading this blog. In either case, here's some ideas of things you can do to make life better for a homeless Man, Women, or Child.
- If you knit, or crochet or loom...the most obvious way to help is to knit, crochet, or loom hats, scarves, mittens, slippers, and afghans.
- If you don't knit, crochet or loom, but know someone who does ....buy them yarn to encourage them to knit, crochet or loom something to donate to Bridge and Beyond.
- If you don't knit, crochet or loom, and don't know the first thing about buying yarn, offer to pay postage for someone who does knit, crochet or loom and would make and donate something for Bridge and Beyond.
- Whether you knit, crochet, or loom or not..........visit the blog daily. Why? How does that help? It helps traffic to the blog, which helps with the search engine optimization of the blog, which helps more people find us easier when searching for charities to knit, crochet or loom for.
- Take your blog visit a step farther, leave a comment. Why? The more time spent on the blog also aids the search engine optimization (SEO), and it encourages others to leave comments. If you're a blogger you can leave your name and url to your blog. Please leave the blog url, not a google+page url. I'll return the visit, but can't if you're google+
- Regardless of whether or not you're a knitter, crocheter, or loomer or not......spread the word by sharing the link to the blog in your email contacts, and on your social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest etc.
- If you knit, crochet, or loom in public (planes, lunch at work, etc) have a card or two with you with the name and url of the blog. Why? People often ask what you're making when you're knitting, crocheting and or looming in public, right? When they do tell them what you're making and why........offer them the card so they can check out the blog
- What is the url? http://homelessbridge.blogspot.com/ you can also tell them to google Bridge and Beyond.
- Share the link to the Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/246918975439091/?ref=bookmarks
- If you are not a knitter, crocheter or loomer, you can help by collecting personal care items which are needed all year long. They are needed in Summer, Spring, Fall, and Winter. You can buy personal care items, or you can collect items from hotels when you and your friends and family travel.
- Socks......store bought socks are always needed. You don't need to be a knitter, crocheter, or loomer to donate socks. Socks for men is the primary need. When living outdoors the danger of wet cold feet is very real. To have warm dry socks to change into can help keep people alive.
**Did you see our donation stats for the last 5 years?
----Thank you to those who donated in 2017
All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.