Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, August 9, 2015

Yarn Bowl

 Yarn Bowls are becoming quite popular among knitters and crocheters.  When I first saw one, I couldn't quite figure out why people were using them...........then I used one.  WOW!  How nice it is your yarn doesn't roll around on the floor, or get stuck under your arm, or sofa cushion etc.  It also helps prevent tangles.  Your yarn stays cleaner as you work.  Though naturally it still requires being laundered to rid it of dust, hair etc.
This fun bright colored polka dot yarn bowl is one I painted recently while vacationing in Park City.  I'm not good  with a paint brush, truly not.  My darling daughter loves  painting pottery so it's always something we do for "girl time".  I usually pick a far easier project then she does, and when I saw the yarn bowl....well, how  could I resist?  I used different sized sponges to create the different sized random polka dots.  This is a deeper than normal yarn bowl, so I believe it will work for multiple cakes/hanks of yarn and has 3 yarn curls to send your yarn out of the bowl.

Girl Time is always fun, and top that with a yarn bowl=a perfect day!

2015 DONATIONS:
Hats: 269+10=279
Scarves 118
Mittens/Gloves/Wrist Warmers: 46
Slippers: 67
Rain Poncho's:  105
Cotton Washcloths: 269
Afghans: 18
Socks: 157
Cowls/Hoody Combo's/ 17
Shawls 2
Misc: items like personal care and things don't fit into above categories aren't counted


All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

10 comments:

  1. I love it! I have always wanted one but did not know anyone that had used one. Now I do! I bet it is extra special because you made it yourself AND you had daughter time while making it. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right you are Sherry, it will always be a reminder of special time with my daughter.

      Delete
  2. Have to agree with Sherry. I have never used one, and didnt even know there was such a thing until recently. Good to have around animals that like to join in the poroject. Cats are good for disturbing balls of yarn, and have a friend with a dog who loves to and has unraveled whole skeins of yarn, on more then one occasion.My sister does use a large plastic bowl to hold her yarn so it does not roll around. Will have to tell her about this and perhaps try it myself. Have not seen them in stores.Yours is very nice, and you are wrong, you definitely have talent in this department it is really very nice.
    GOD BLESS THE HOMELESS marj in minnesota

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed making it, spending special time with my daughter. Many thanks for the sweet compliment. The added benefit of the ceramic bowl/pottery bowl is the weight so they really stay put. Hope you're able to give it a try sometime. Right you are about pets. Long ago when I had cats it was a chore trying to keep them away from it.

      Delete
  3. I hadn't seen a yarn bowl before, but I could see how it would be helpful for knitters :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is Betty. If you have any friends who are knitters/crocheters this would make a nice gift. I've seen them on line and at craft fairs.

      Delete
  4. I never heard of this before but it makes sense and must ease up on that frustration with yarn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes the whole process easier and then you don't have a bag sitting here and there, you have a decorative bowl. Doesn't look at messy.

      Delete
  5. I love your yarn bowl. You will have happy memories when you use it. Like the others I have never used one. I have a tote bag that my yarn goes into, or in my chair with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have more tote bags then I can count and I do use them alot even for storing projects and yarn; but am really enjoying using the bowl instead of it...at least while I'm at home.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?