Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Springtime Offers Hope

This is Springtime when it was designed and was waiting  to be assembled.  Blue reminds me of the sky and water, yellow the sun, and shades of green new grass ......which is why I named this one Springtime.

Here it is after our good friend Sarah S assembled it.
Thank you, Thank you Sarah.  She's oriented the picture the same as the before picture when she photographed this.  Awesome job.  I love the dark green you used to bring all the squares up to the same size and join together  Perfect!

This is one I snapped, but turned differently trying to get the light.  I LOVE how this ghan turned out.  Many many different types of squares, some knitted, some crocheted, some are granny style squares, some are are crocheted back and forth vs round, and some were more rectangles than squares; but no matter Sarah did a beautiful job bringing this ghan to life.  And soon it will be wrapped around someone for warmth and hope.  You can truly tell how many different pairs of helping hands were involved in the making of this afghan.

Well done Sarah!

2015 DONATIONS:
Hats: 191
Scarves 73
Mittens/Gloves/Wrist Warmers: 45
Slippers: 63
Rain Poncho's:  53
Cotton Washcloths: 115
Afghans: 7+8=8
Socks: 126
Cowls/Hoody Combo's/ 17
Shawls 1
Misc: items like personal care and things don't fit into above categories aren't counted

Todays post makes 1500!  Wow, I really never thought that might be possible when I started this blog way back in the day.

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

22 comments:

  1. GOOD JOB SARAH. like this one alot. Very different then alot of the ones we get, cant really put my finger on it, but definitely like this one, think it is the darker colors. Not our usual light and girly variety. Nicely done.
    Spring showers here for the next couple of days.Much needed.GOD BLESS THE HOMELESS, marj in minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this Marj, it is less girly; plus I like the this and that to it. Such variety and yet it really goes together. Glad you're getting needed rain, but no storms this time round! Thank you for your on going support with your daily visits and comments. Your Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of our local craft stores puts together afghans like that though not so pretty. Customers make 12x12 squares and drop them in a box. Then someone pieces them together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit Susan, yes I've seen some of the ones you're referring to. They tend to sew them together vs doing edging to make them looked more planned to my way of thinking. It's much quicker there way and I believe they serve a purpose, we just like ours to look more like gifts that were specially made.

      Delete
  4. That is awesome. Love the darker colors too. Great job putting it together, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the visit and comment Yvonne, always nice to hear from you. She really did an awesome job.

      Delete
  5. saw a touching article on yahoo today about a man building a tiny mobile home for a woman with no home- the authorities are OK with it as long as it is moved every 72 hours- there is hope!

    zannie rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I saw the same story, might have even posted about it, will have to go look, but didn't know about the 72 hours, wonder how they came up with that, and if that's a state to state thing? Will do some follow up. Thank you Zannie

      Delete
  6. Stunning colours!

    Congratulations on 1500 posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila, I was pleased we hit 1500...who knew when it all began.

      Delete
  7. Very Nice job! I too love the combination of colors and it does remind me of the springtime so it has a good title.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry, always appreciate your visits.

      Delete
  8. Pretty colors! I saw yesterday in our paper they have a program here called "Blankets 4 Kids" but it is basically like your program in providing knitted/crocheted hats, etc., for kids :) I know yours does all, but at least it is a start here :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty pleased to hear you found something started there in your area. We need programs all around the country. Will see if I can learn anything about the group.

      Delete
  9. This is so bright and the person who receives this will feel like a million dollars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly hope so, the emotions involved are just as important as the physical warmth. Thank you Birgit.

      Delete
  10. WOO HOO!!! 1500 Blog Posts!
    I do like Spring Time. The yellow reminds me of all the yellow flowers that bloom in the spring. Great job Sarah S for putting all those squares together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the colors on this one! I took a little break from my blog til after next week. I planned so much in such a short time. Will be posting hopefully while I am out camping. I am actually going to start a crochet easy peasy square afghan to see how I do *yikes*. If it turns out decent, I shall send it off to you for your donations. It'll give me a reason to enjoy my empty time while tv time. Cross your fingers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really excited and pleased to hear you're pulling out your hook and yarn. You can do it Katy...I have faith. Enjoy your quiet time.

      Delete
  12. What a beauty! I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the names you give the finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brandy! Always a pleasure to see you here.

      Delete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?