Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Saturday, April 11, 2015

What is Joy


A-Z Challenge J=JOY

I looked at lots of different definitions of what JOY means, and I read a survey where people responded to what JOY is to them, none of that seemed to fit into what we do here on Bridge and Beyond for the Homeless, nor fit into what is it to be homeless.

I feel JOY when I knit or crochet and I know the end product is going to help someone.  I feel JOY when I open beautiful donations from the many caring hearts and helping hands that donate to Bridge and Beyond.  I feel JOY when I hand delivery these donations to the various shelters or to Rae who passes out necessary items when she delivers hot meals on Saturday mornings.

I feel confident saying all the good folks who've helped by donating  to Bridge and Beyond  also feels that same JOY as they spend their time knitting, crocheting, looming, or quilting to help care for someone else.

I believe along with our warm items: hats, scarves, mittens, slippers etc we also give some JOY to those who receive the donations.  That's why our mission here on Bridge and Beyond is handmade, I believe the JOY we feel as we're crafting our items transcends to those who wear our knitted, crocheted, or loomed items.

So,


and go knit something to help spread JOY  to someone in need.  Can you join us?

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

16 comments:

  1. Although JOY is not a word I think of often or probably use in my daily life it is something I feel often and the things that make me joyful are a part of me. My sons, my granddaughter, my family, my pets, my garden,sunny skies, the everyday good things that seem to be with me whether I remember them or not. They are the things that bring you through the not so joyful things in your life also. I am happy or should I say joyful, that I am able to donate to others and that my parents instilled the Joy of Giving in me. It definitely brings me alot of joy..Today I will Choose Joy. I like that, and will make it a part of my life.GOD BLESS THE HOMELESS marj in minnesota/ A bright sunny day brings me Joy 65 degrees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah for the sunny bright day and 65 degrees for you there in Minnesota Marj, and thanks for your wonderful support with donating, with reading and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Inspired by you I am going to knit all summer and donate the results to our local drop in shelter come fall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delores, that's awesome. I'm glad to hear you're doing what you can to help those in need, even if not here through Bridge and Beyond. I'm sure your local shelters will be thrilled. Please keep us posted how that goes for you. And at any time you wish to help us here at Bridge and Beyond, please know you are welcomed to do so, we'd be thrilled to have you join us.

      Delete
  3. I find joy in just living, and being able to interact with people. My post today was also on joy entitled "Joie de vivre" I love to tell jokes and make people laugh. I feel sorry for those who have forgotten or never knew laughter and joy. Thank you for your post! Best regards to you, my friend. Ruby aka Blabbin' Grammy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Grammy, thanks for visiting and your sweet comments, look forward to reading you post about Joy. Such a beautiful word.

      Delete
  4. It is joyful to help others I do believe! I tell you after the challenge is over, I too am inspired to pick up my "rusty" (from not being used) knitting needles and knit something for your work.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful news Betty, we'll welcome you and your knitting needles. Enjoy the rest of the challenge.

      Delete
  5. yes, putting on a hat knitted with love must bring the warmth of joy- who knows- it could be s turning point

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zannie for the visit, who knows is right.

      Delete
  6. It does feel so good when one feels one has helped another and they are so thankful for it-puts a smile on my face

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't imagine what they go through every single day, so a little joy here and there seems very important and necessary.

      Delete
  7. I feel JOY in many different things. I feel joy when I complete knitting, washing the item and putting it in a box for the homeless. I hope the person who gets my items feel the love and joy.
    Beautiful blue skies, on the way to 60, but windy here in MI. Seeing some spring flowers will also give me joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you so much Sue on all accounts.

      Delete
  8. I always say "make it a Joy To The Soul Day". Love it!
    http://msdeniseh553.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I find all the above you mentioned bring me so much Joy. Today is a beautiful and Joyfully Sunny and warm day!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?