Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Crocheted Afghan truly says Welcome Home

If I were naming this afghan it would have to be something along the lines of Caribbean Cruise.   I've always been a big fan of blues and greens together, this definitely makes me think of ocean and salty breezes.  Another wonderful team effort with squares made by our good friend from New York, AnneMarie, and assembled by our other good friend, Sherry K right here in Buckeye Land.  It also reminds me of the first 2 peace bathing suit I had way back in the day.  Twas a real 2 piece too, not a bikini.  Back in the dark ages when I was a young girl you stayed pretty covered up ...even in a 2 piece.  Boy legs were more like shorts, the waste was covered and the top was anything but skimpy.  Anyone as old as dirt like me and remember the style I'm describing?  lol

Thank you Sherry and AnneMarie, you both Rock!

2014 DONATIONS:
Hats: 826
Scarves: 389
Socks: 187
Afghans: 24+1=25
Slippers: 98
Rain Ponchos: 61
Mittens & Gloves:120
Wrist Warmers/Fingerless gloves: 4
Cotton Washcloths: 329
Misc. (Shawls, Sweaters, Vests, Poncho's, Skirts, cowls/mobius,  and Shrugs etc.) aren't tabulated.
Personal Care Items: Shampoo, toothpaste, toothbrush, cream, hand warmers, lipbalm, floss, soap, shaving cream, razors etc aren't tabulated

**Still looking for Jane Burmeister or someone from The Sullivan Group, if you're out there, please use the contact form in the right side bar to hail me.  Thank you.

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

4 comments:

  1. Sandy , I remember the times when the people wore clothes and now look what they wear.Just watch the old shows that will tell you. Thank you Sherryk and Annmariefor a job well done. Rosemarie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marj in minnesota/48 degreesDecember 14, 2014 at 7:26 AM

    Iam sure I can remember back farther then both of you. Dont get me started!!:+) My poor father had three daughters and we put him through the works!!Good times!
    Love the colors too ladies. Looks like water to me and with the warm temps we are having here reminds me of spring. Hope some of the rest of you are enjoying warm temps too.especially our friends under the bridge. Take care and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rosemarie and Marj, nice to know I'm not alone in remembering and being old as dirt, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty afghan. Thank you ladies. Another warmer family is such a good thing.
    Yes, I will say, I too remember my first 2 piece bathsuit. Everything was way covered. Yep, I am old also.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?