Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Time to Gear up with Donations, Homeless in Need

A pretty Lilly from my back yard.  Though they are almost done blooming now.  I love the color and thought I'd share to thank you all for your on going support with donations, with visits and comments to the blog.  I also want to thank those who keep track of me.  Things have been more quiet here on the blog of late.  Things are always more quiet in summer.  People tend to knit and crochet more in cooler weather, more donations mean more blog posts.  In some years, I've posted contests, stories and comics or other things to try and keep a blog post up daily, or close to it.  My time this year has been far less.

I've been traveling more then normal (presumably leading up to retirement), and flip side of that is I've been working more.........ALOT more which limits my time to search for things to post about.  In addition, I've carved out several hours daily to exercise/walk/.  Due to increased swelling and pain in my knees, (mostly right from good olde arthritis.......turning up my nose to good olde), and a high cholesterol level.  My doctor told me I needed to become more active, as the cholesterol was way to high.  So, stretching, warming up, walking, cooling off, stretching...takes 2-3 hours a day.  I've happily reduced my cholesterol to where I don't need to go on meds, knees are much happier too.  The hard part of it is, I'm out moving away from my computer which makes the posting/sitting etc a bit of a challenge

I'm pretty excited to have a few days off (hope that doesn't change, as my schedule often does several times a week) giving me the time I need to keep caught up here with you all.  I appreciate so much those personal emails asking where I am and how I am.  The folks in this group truly ROCK!

I think we're on the edge of the season where donations will start picking up again...a plus and a minus situation.  Having more donations is always good, but that means the weather is turning cooler making things more difficult for those we support.

Thank you all for your on going support with your hooks and needles.  You all truly make an important impact on the quality of many peoples lives.  Bless you all.

Stay tuned for donations from Gail B, Annemarie, and Rosemarie

2014 DONATIONS:
Hats: 498
Scarves: 280
Socks: 75
Afghans: 15
Slippers: 69
Rain Ponchos: 55
Mittens & Gloves: 63
Cotton Washcloths: 189
Shawls, Sweaters, Vests, Poncho's, Skirts, and Shrugs etc. 11
Neck warmers, cowls, gators, wrists warmers/fingerless gloves and other misc items aren't tabulated; as well as personal care item

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update on your health Sandy. I am glad to know that your knees are better and that the cholesterol is down! Looking forward to seeing the items that have been donated. I think that it is a wonderful thing you do posting the pictures of the donations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SSeger, it's nice to feel better. I always appreciate your visits and comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are an inspiration on the computer AND away from it, Sandy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Suzanne, much appreciate your sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?