Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Monday, February 24, 2014

Red Rover Red Rover Send.......Right Over


Some of you may have noticed this new badge posted in the right hand sidebar and wondered what it was all about.  As I was out blog walking (which I love to do) a few days ago, spotted it and was curious.  Reading the blog post about it (which you can do by clicking on the badge in the sidebar), it made me smile.  It talked about fun childhood games that if you're as old as me ....you well remember.  Games like hide n seek, Red Rover Red Rover and just plain playing outdoors with the kids in the neighborhoods.  I loved that time.

I've been very blessed to re-connect with some friends from that time of innocence.  





Now don't those pictures take you back?  Middle front row in this picture is Wendy, some of the pictures above show Pam and her sister Debbie.  We played jax, jump rope, Red Rover, flashlight tag etc.  Sweet memories.  The Blog Blitz is reminiscent of those times and those good feelings.

We here on Bridge and Beyond reach out to others each and everyday with each item we knit, or crochet or loom.  I wonder if those folks have such sweet memories?  Sadly, I doubt the children involved do.  Living under bridges, on the streets, and in shelters doesn't give a child the opportunity to play safely in the neighborhood the way we all did.  How blessed we all were, and continue to be with the memories of those times.

As you knit or crochet, please take time to give thanks for these special times in your life and know that each item you make shares a piece of your heart with someone in need......someone less fortunate.  Thank you Don at Cruising Altitude (Blog Blitz) for helping me remember those times.

Some of you reading this blog, may say ...I don't knit, crochet or loom and therefore I can't help.  Not True!  You can help.  You can share this blog post on your blog, in an email, on twitter and or Facebook to help spread the word.  You can donate by saving all those little bottles of samples that come in the mail, and or little shampoo's etc from your travels.  Those are ways to help, that don't cost a thing, just some time.  If you have the financial where with-all, you can purchase socks, something always in need.  Please note each item we knit, crochet, loom, collect and donate has it's own tab across the top of the page.  Please let me know if you have any questions about how you might help the homeless and those less fortunate.

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Sandy for this delightful blog post of fun memories and yet plenty of food for thought. I have been so blessed over my lifetime. I often take moments in my day while knitting to pray for the person receiving my item. So glad for the privilege to be able to pray and knit. Yet those who cannot knit but might be able to cheer us on or purchase some nessesary items for those in need are still such a big part of our group. Every act of kindness helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy ,I remember the games well we played all the games in school that you talked about.Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the walk back in time Sandy. I too was blessed with what i remember as a happy childhood. Growing up in a small town with many friends.and loving parents. Thought we were all rich and famous:+) Prayers for all the children less fortunate and the parents who are struggling to provide them with what they need, without much hope. It must be very difficult. Prayers also for all of us who are donating to make these lives happier even for a few minutes when they receive that beautiful hat or scarf from those giving hands and hearts. God bless us all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sally, Rosemarie, and Marj for your visits and the beautiful sentiments you expressed. I appreciate you all very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work here is so important. I honor you for doing what most won't. And thanks for honoring my blog with your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kellie for the visit and sweet comment, both are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dropping by to return your visit. Great blog! Will be sharing this out on twitter.

    anna @ Deeply Shallow
    Love blogging? Join us for the A to Z Challenge this April!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a fun childhood with lots of children to play with.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?