Some people make wish lists, some make New Years Resolutions and some don't. Personally I tend to make goals, I did that this time last year for Bridge and Beyond.
Here's a look back.
I listed 13 goals last year (posted a couple of weeks after the New Year, as I was still counting donations that came in before the close of the year). I'll continue to post items that came before; but totals will appear after this post.
- I wanted to increase our blog's google rank from 3, that didn't happen. We're still 3
- I wanted to increase our participation percentage. We were at 76% with donations from 38 states, and are now at 80% with donations from 40 states. YEA!
- I wanted to increase blog visits, that didn't happen.
- I wanted to increase blog comments, that didn't happen.
- I wanted to reach new helping hands, and while I don't think we got as many as we have in the earlier times, we did indeed attract new helping hands. YEA!
- I wanted to donate more....jury's out on that until we get our final numbers. Please check back.
- I wanted to hold a summer event where people could meet others, and assemble afghans for the squares. That didn't happen. Life is just too busy.
- I wanted to produce a newsletter and or start a facebook group. I did not (still want to) produce a newsletter, but did start a facebook group. I do think that's helped communication and reaching others, though there are many who visit and comment there and not here which was one of my fears. Commenting there does not help our blogs placement. We have a good number of members there, but many have never donated. Soooo, it's not been as successful as I would have hoped.
- I wanted everyone to tag slippers, mittens, and hats with size. I think we've been partially successful there. Though there's room for improvement. The goal remains for people to tag ALL hats, mittens, and slippers with size to aid in getting them to the correct location in a timely manner.
- Wanted people to read item specific tabs BEFORE they knit or crochet said item. To eliminate getting items too lacy to be warm, made of inappropriate fibers (wool, suede, novelty yarn), and made of less then optimal colors (avoid white, tan, beige, ivory and light pastels). We've been partially successful here; but reminders are still needed.
- I wanted everyone to include a note with their donations to eliminate my need to spend hours trying to figure out whom someone was. People maybe anonymous on the blog, but they may not be anonymous to me. This became enough of a problem I needed to say anonymous donations would not be accepted. We've been successful here. YEA!
- I wanted to catch up with the assembly of the afghans, but haven't been successful here. I'm working more hours so still have ghans waiting to be done.
- I wanted to reach beyond.........beyond Bridge and Beyond. Be that a new location or a new shelter in need. That hasn't happened, though we have been successful in donating more to a couple of our locations.
So, my goals for the coming year remain pretty much the same; but technically the list will be smaller...as I'll remove those we succeeded in.
All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.