Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Thank You from Faith Mission


Though I know most of us don't knit, or crochet or donate our hand made goodies to receive a thank you or a pat on the back; I wanted to share this hand written thank you from Faith Mission.  For those who may not know, we've been donating hand knit and hand crocheted items to Faith Mission for over 3 years.  They take care of so many in need.  They have a men's only shelter that gives nights here and there to those on the street, they have Nancy Place for women in need with disabilities, and they operate several family shelters.  They care for many, and I pleased we've been able to continue to support them and their worthy cause with our items made of love.  Each hat, scarf, pair of mittens or slippers truly is appreciated.

Keep up the good work folks.


**Reminder squares should now only be mailed during the month they are highlighted, at least until I catch up a bit.  I'll sing out to let you know if that changes.  November will be the next time squares can be mailed.**
Donations 2012:
 Hats: 632

Scarves: 347
Slippers: 138
Shawls: 2
Sweaters 3
Vest 1
Afghans: 32
Mittens: 274
Squares: 461
Socks: 169
Rain Poncho's 209
Cotton Washcloths 404

Misc Items are not counted individually (such as personal care items, headbands, gators, yarn, wrist warmers/fingerless gloves, face-masks, neck warmers, t-shirts, soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrushes, Teddy Bears and footies etc).


All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the note from Faith Mission. I know I don't knit to hear a thank you, as most of my knitting is for charities, but it is very nice to hear when someone is thankful. It really makes me wish I could knit all day long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely with you SSeger. I love knowing we're getting items to people in need.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?