Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Donations for Ohio's Homeless

Our long time supporter Sally B, has done it again. Such beautiful craftmanship in all her hand knits. I always get exciting when I see a box come from Sally. Marvelous mittens thick and warm in a variety of sizes, and hats to boot. Sally, what type of yarn do you typically use for your creations? Lovely and so very much appreciated, as always. Please keep up the good work.

2012 Donations:
Hats:
597+5=602
Scarves: 305
Slippers: 135
Shawls: 2
Sweaters 3
Vest 1
Afghans: 32
Mittens: 266+3=269
Squares: 430
Socks: 167
Rain Poncho's 209
Cotton Washcloths 397
Misc Items are not counted individually (such as personal care items, headbands, gators, yarn, wrist warmers/fingerless gloves, face-masks, neck warmers, t-shirts, soap, deodorant, shampoo, toothbrushes, and footies etc).

**Folks I'm asking yet again to please please please include a note with all your donations. The note should contain your name and your email addy. It's become not only difficult and very time consuming; but next to impossible for me to identify whom you are to let you know your donations have arrived. I've stated this more times then I can count, even if you wish to be anonymous you MUST include a note with your name and email addy. If you wish to be anonymous that's not an issue, but I need to know whom you are. I spend more time then I have, looking through hundreds of emails, on line groups, facebook etc. in order to make contact. So many folks on line do not use their real names, or use their husbands email addy that I'm unable to preform good searches to find you. As the group continues to grow, there isn't a way for me to remember everyone who's made contact. Currently looking for a Linda J in San Antonio, whom I'll be adding to the growing list of unidentified donations. PLEASE for my bookkeeping it is important that ALL donations be identified.**

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Love the mittens Sally! They look so very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like my mittens Sseger! Sandy all in this group were made from worsted weight yarn. Whatever I had on hand. The black and grey mitts were made by holding 2 strands together. Nice and thick and warm for those outside.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?