Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Fun and Funky Afghan in the Works

Sorry the picture here is a bit blurry, I must have moved when I snapped the photo. This is an afghan in the works, recently designed from squares donated by our very good friend, AnneMarie in New York. I need just 2 squares to make this design complete and believe I have yarn that will work. Any thoughts for a name beyond Fun and Funky? Or Funky Fall? That's where my brain is taking me at the moment I layed these squares out. I believe I'll be edging and joining this afghan in orange.

I'll keep ya posted on the progress of this fun and funky afghan for Project "Welcome Home".

**Need to make contact with a Ruth P from Michigan, and an unidentified donator who sent a box of 17 hats

2011 Donations:

Scarves 473
Hats 971
Mittens 258
Socks 337
Squares 921
Rain Ponchos 216
Cotton Washcloths 419
Sweaters/Poncho's 11
Slippers 129
Afghans 56 (2 sent to our friends at Pine Street)
Misc Items I've not counted misc items like all the personal care items, the neck warmers, head bands, shawl, hot packs, or yarn etc.

Please review the tabs at the top of the blog for requirements for size and color for hats, scarves, mittens, slippers, and squares. Patterns are also available.

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. It reminds me of a Spider web of sorts....love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really going to look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this! My favorite part of making blankets out of granny squares is sewingthem together.....weird I know. Lol. Have fun!

    Jenn S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn, please don't use anonymous when you make a comment. Click name and url and leave url empty. Normally anonymous end up in my spam folder. Love having you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sherry, psmflowerla and Yvonne for your visits and comments, all are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?