Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Designing GemStone Afghan

Gemstone afghan....how's that for a name for this afghan in the works? These fabulous squares were donated by our good friend Liz (minnisoda on The Ville).

Haven't decided on what color to edge and join this one with...so many options..black, dark green, red.........?? Thoughts? As you know we've received so many wonderful squares I'm designing several at a time and will keep you all posted on the progress. All these squares when joined will be donated to The Homeless Families Foundation for our Project, "Welcome Home". If you're new here and haven't yet read about that project, please click on the badge in the right side bar.

2011 Donations:


Scarves 481
Hats 983
Mittens 258
Socks 360
Squares 941
Rain Ponchos 216
Cotton Washcloths 419
Sweaters/Poncho's 11
Slippers 134
Afghans 56 (2 sent to our friends at Pine Street)
Misc Items I've not counted misc items like all the personal care items, the neck warmers, head bands, shawl, hot packs, or yarn etc.

Please leave a comment as to the state your from if it's not listed with your name.
Please visit often and when you do, leave a comment. You do not need to be a blogger to do so. Use the name and url feature in the drop down box and simply leave the url space empty. We love knowing you were here, and it helps the blog's placement in search engines which is important for our growth.
Please look around the blog, constant updates with regard to our need, sizes and color requirements etc.

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

6 comments:

  1. LOVE the squares and you've balanced the colors so well! Have you thought about like an oatmeal color? Something neutral that would make the squares "pop" without being shocking like a stark white. Vanna's choice has an oatmeal color but I'm not sure who else does as hers is kinda pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always try to use yarn on hand vs buying for these ghans. I do have lots of off white...generally vere more towards the darkers colors because of the dirt factor; but you're right it would look nice. Will continue to look and think. I believe I did the other one similar to this, with the ivory edges...Jewels. So was thinking dark with this one...hum. Thanks always for your thoughts, visits, and comments psmflowerlady, keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say either red or a dark purple! My grandma used to say either go very light or very dark with the edgings to make things pop but I think with this blanket you could go many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you've arranged the squares I sent. I would suggest black. When I see the gemstone colors it makes me think of stained glass windows. I think black would make the gem colors "pop".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also like the idea of black but no matter how you edge it I'm sure it will be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That will be a beautiful afghan and so aptly named. It does remind me of gemstones. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?