Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Monday, December 19, 2011

Sock Money AWESOME


Thank you Sherri I, your efforts to help us with socks is fantastic. I'll use this next time I'm out to pick up more socks. Folks Sherri does something I'd like to share...probably have before, but it's worth repeating. She keeps a containing that she throws her nickels/change into. A little here, a little there. It's amazing how it adds up and when it reaches a given amount....she takes it to the bank and writes a check. I love this daily plan. Most of us have change which makes our purses heavy, or pockets for you men.....toss it in a container. Have a pot for all of it, or pick a specific thing......pennies (while they'll still make them), nickels, dimes.........whatever. Pick a dollar amount you're comfortable with as your goal. When it reaches that......roll, bank, and write a check.

Many thanks Sherri for your on going support. Very much appreciated.

2011 Donations:

Scarves 459
Hats 934
Mittens 333
Socks 273
Squares 675
Rain Ponchos 216
Cotton Washcloths 339
Sweaters/Poncho's 10
Slippers 115
Afghans 46 (2 sent to our friends at Pine Street)
Misc Items I've not counted misc items like all the personal care items, the neck warmers, head bands, shawl, hot packs, or yarn etc.

**Please read the how you can help, or the people we help for updates and changes if you've not read it in a while.**

*-*-*-*-*-New Info for our working calendar...........check it out*-*-*-*-*-

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

3 comments:

  1. We were collecting our coins in a lighthouse thing I got one year for Christmas. However, it broke and we had to switch to a different sort of bank. This one counted the coins as they went in. We were amazed at the amount! Paid our water bill that month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherri I. for the sock $$!! I am sure there will be alot of drier feet due to your donation. I am going to have to try your method of collecting my extra change. A lighter purse would be much better for my shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I first read this post, I thought it said Sock MonKey. Great idea though to collect stuff!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?