Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Helping Hands

Helping hands are always appreciated. If you've been a reader here on the blog previously, you no doubt are aware we have helping hands behind the scenes. Helping hands that don't necessarily knit and crochet. I thought I tell you a bit about them, as we have many new readers here that may not yet be aware. We have our good friend Rae. Rae with a couple of ladies from church prepare hot meals on Saturday mornings to distribute to those living under the bridges, living outdoors-homeless here in Ohio. Rae delivers our hand knit, crocheted, and loomed hats, scarves, and mittens (and store bought socks) at the same time she distributes her hot meals to those in need. Additionally, she works in 2 free clinics and hand delivers are hand made items there to mothers and children.

My brother Chuck, and SIL Jan often provide a storage place for me and our knitted and crocheted items of warmth. I delivery bags of wonderful goodies from you to them, who deliver them to Rae; as they belong to the same church. This saves me time and space and is greatly appreciated.  The less time I spend running items around, the more time I have to talk with you here about them, to knit and crochet myself, and to promote the need.

A while back I met a woman named Lynn at a Sausage Party. She also feeds the homeless and those in need through Holy Family. She picks up donations from me and delivers them on her weekly volunteer days to Holy Family. Again giving a hot meal and hand knit or crocheted hats, scarves, mittens, slippers to those without. Those in need of warmth both physically and emotionally. I appreciate her time and effort helping us reach those in need, while saving me much needed time.

I'm able to make deliverys to Faith Mission on a more regular basis with the help they provide above. Faith Mission provides temporary housing for Mothers and Children who've been abused and or homeless as they work to get them into permanent housing and become more stable; as well as night by night shelter for men in a separate location. I make deliveries with your thoughtful donations to both of these facilities. The squares provided by you, through Give a Square; assembled into afghans go to Nancy's Place at Faith Mission for those Mother's and their children. While Give a Square is currently dormant, I am continuing to make and deliver afghans in addition to hats, mittens, scarves, and slippers.

Thank you to all our helping hands, those with and without yarn in them.

**April's focus will be unveiled tomorrow, please check in.**

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?