Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Friday, March 18, 2011

Hand Delivered Afghan

orange afghanYou often hear people say, "Oh...I don't do Facebook". I was one of those who thought it was primarily geared towards the younger generation. Then one day maybe a year ago? I decided to join. I started out slowly, but before long was making all kinds of connections. First I was connecting with my old high school classmates which was lots of fun; then some folks I know from knitting and crocheting groups and on and on. Through this social network of growth, I was able to connect with most folks interested in knitting and crocheting to help others. Patty S. from Ohio is one of those connections. One day she was to be in town on business and we were able to get together. What fun, meeting someone face to face that I'd communicated with on line through Facebook.

The above orange afghan is another donation Patty S from Ohio made in person. She was in town only briefly to visit, but carved out time enough to drop this afghan for Faith Mission off at my house! Such fun, meeting people face to face and at the same time being able to help others.

Thanks Patty for your ongoing support and help. It's appreciated.

Sooo, the moral is, Facebook is not just for the younger generation. It's not just a place to play games. It's a great place to make connections.

2011
Scarves 134+7=141
Hats 215
Mittens (gloves)56
Socks 56
Slippers 26
Ghans 11+1=12
Squares 179
Sweaters 5

**Reminder to refrain from white and off white when you can, the dirt factor for those without ability to do laundry.**

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?