Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Reminders and Announcements

ANNOUNCEMENT
Organizing my stash and projects bags the other day and came across this lone mitten. Argh, forgot I never made it's mate. Need to do that. Kicking of Mitten Month with this...for the month of October, let's see if we can raise our mitten numbers. Knitted mittens, crocheted mittens. Mittens for Men, Mittens, for Women, Mittens for children. MITTENS for the month of October, please and thanks. First think Mittens, and then Men if you have a choice. I'd like to take care of those men living outdoors without anything on their hands.

Please continue your wonderful work with hats, and scarves; let's just put mittens in the forefront if you can. Note there are 2 tabs at the top of the page with links to mitten patterns. One is knitted and one is crocheted. Special thanks to the 2 designers, Beth and James.

REMINDER:
Please do not tie knots and cut your knitted or crocheted pieces. Please leave tails when you change yarn colors or add new yarn and work in your 4-5 inches with a crochet hook and or darning needle. When you tie a knot and cut your tail we risk items coming apart in the wash, or coming apart simply with wear. Knots do come undone, and then w have raveling. One of the first things all directions for knitting and crochet tell us is not to cut after a knot. I've had a few otherwise well made items I needed to work with to minimize the cutting after a knot, which delays getting these items to those in need.

2010
Scarves 198
Hats 395
Mittens 40
Socks 73


Please remember all donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. It truly DOES make a difference. THANK YOU!

5 comments:

  1. Mittens are fun to make. And if you need another pattern... looks like the one mitten pictured above...

    http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bevs-marvelous-mitts.html

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bev, appreciate the extra link. I'll try and get it added to the pages above. My current problem is knowing what size hook I used when I made the first one so they'll match. lol Wish I'd left myself a note; but didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Sandy, I have 2 pair of mittens made so far. Will send everything out at once at the end of the month. It's easier for me that way. :) Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Bunny, and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a Red Heart classic yarn I think... I used to have some. So I would guess a size H hook?

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?