Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July is Mitten Month


Thought you all might get a kick out of this comic I saw a few days back on Facebook!  I know my hubby would prefer that I not talk about mine, lol.

Can you believe it's July?  Good grief time goes by quickly.  The focus for this month is mittens.  We never get enough mittens, and I'm sorry to say there's very little information on our mitten tab; but do click it...it's a short read.  Sometime back while editing the page blogspot had an oophs and I lost the whole page...argh...even the patterns.  In the process of trying to rebuild that page so please feel free to let me know your patterns.  Remember we can copy and paste patterns that are copyrighted, but we can provide links and give credit if the pattern is here on line or is your own pattern.

WOOT WOOT, messed around more and found the page somehow hidden...but please still feel free to let us know if you have a good pattern to add!!  Here's the Mitten Tab.

Folks, if you missed the  post where I included a graph of how we're doing with each of the items we knit and crochet and donate and compared it to this time last year.  Please click HERE


2013 Donations:

Hats:  399
Scarves: 315
Socks: 224
Afghans: 31
Slippers: 162
Rain Ponchos: 203
Mittens: 77
Cotton Wash Clothes: 445
Shawls, Sweaters, Vests, Poncho's, Skirts etc. : 14
Misc. Items: include personal care, headbands, hand-warmers, cowls/gators and all meal prep related items, Dolls &and ; associated items, stuffed/crocheted/knitted toys... etc aren't tabulated.

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated. The Power of One is awesome, and when we work together The Power of One becomes The Power of Many.

4 comments:

  1. Marj in minnesotaJuly 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM

    WE DONT DISCUSS THE YARN STASH HERE EITHER. If the time ever comes they will haul it away in a dump truck!!!:+)but that is another story.
    Thanks for the mitten tab. I have not had a chance to check it out yet. Hoping there is something there that I can contribute.
    SAFE TRAVELS if you are leaving for the 4TH OF JULY.HAVE A HAPPY HOLIDAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mittens mittens I LOVE to make mittens! And my yarn stash says I will always have enough yarn for many many pairs! I love to make Bev's two needle mittens and the pattern is right on your mitten page! When I use four needles I like to use the WARMEST MITTENS pattern available on Ravelry. Also a pattern called NO SWATCH NO GAUGE MITTENS also available on Ravelry. Have a happy and safe 4th of July holiday and weekend ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stash was great when I moved last year. It became packing in the corner of dish boxes. Some got laid across the bottom of boxes. What fun it was to unpack. Just like buying new yarn. LOL
    Hope everyone is having a good 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marj, Sally and SSeger for the visits. What a great idea SSeger with your packing. Mittens always make me smile Sally, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?