Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Donations from The Old Domion State

Our good friend and long time supporter Gail B hails from Virginia, The Old Dominion State. She donated 8 pairs of great socks. They look and feel like out door socks (like something a hunter, hiker etc might wear), so should be nice and warm.

What you can't see is her 2nd box of donations; which included 2 more pairs of socks, 6 scarves, 4 cotton washcloths and 3 rain poncho's. I seem not to have a picture. Normally I take the photo and then make notes, so am not sure whether I did something to delete the picture; or in my quest to get 10 boxes opened, photographed, counted and thank you's sent out...I got myself mixed up. Argh. Gail's work is also so nice too, I'm sorry you didn't get to see the picture. As I was opening boxes, photographing, counting, making notes etc, I was also loading up bags. Things had already been delivered when I realized I was missing a picture to go with my note.

As always Gail, please keep up the good and many thanks for your thoughtful donation; both boxes.


2012 Donations:
Hats:
304
Scarves: 196+6=202
Slippers: 65
Shawls: 2
Sweaters 3
Vest 1
Afghans: 22
Mittens: 138
Squares: 280
Socks: 106+8+2=116
Rain Poncho's 154+3=157
Cotton Washcloths 154+4=158
Misc Items are not counted individually (such as personal care items, headbands, gators, yarn, wrist warmers/fingerless gloves, facemasks, neck warmers, t-shirts etc)

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. All those socks will help keep lots of feet warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great donation! Those socks look nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?