Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Friday, April 13, 2012

Designing Retro and Sand Box Afghans

You may remember I recently had a full day of designing afghans, naming and bagging them...getting things at the ready for lots more assembling. This is one I've titled Retro. It made me think of the fifty's kitchen colors. In my growing up years we had a bright turquoise kitchen. The squares come from a variety of people...sing out if you have squares in the above design. It will take a fair amount of edging to put this together, as the squares vary in size etc. The joining and edging color is depended on what I have in my stash in sufficient volume when I get working on this one. I know I don't have enough brown which was my first thought...so, will give this some thought.
I've titled this one Sand Box. First thought Mother Earth 2, but didn't want it to be so closely name as the previous Mother Earth. Leaning towards light grey or off white for the edging and joining of this afghan.

Are you finding you squares in these designs? Please let me know if you do.

THIS IS POST #701!

2012 Donations:
Hats:
241
Scarves: 146
Slippers: 64
Shawls: 2
Sweaters 3
Vest 1
Afghans: 19
Mittens: 134
Squares: 203
Socks: 106
Rain Poncho's10
Cotton Washcloths 31
Misc Items are not counted individually (such as personal care items, headbands, gators, yarn, wrist warmers/fingerless gloves, facemasks, neck warmers, t-shirts etc)

**Remember, we collect all items, except squares all year long. The working calendar is to highlight items most needed, please keep checking it.**

Please remember folks we love comments, on this post...on the post from yesterday as well as the post that will appear tomorrow. I know many of you tell me you read, check the blog daily. Please let me once again encourage you all, bloggers and non bloggers to let us know you've been here by leaving a comment. It's easy, it's fast and it helps the blogs placement with search engines. Helping the blogs placement in search engines is important in attracting new pairs of helping hands, which then translates into having the ability to help more people in need. If you're a non blogger all you need to do to leave a comment is type your comment below the post, click the drop down box that says name and url, leave the url space empty, click publish. Please, if you've visited us here before and aren't one to leave comments, let today be your first of many. Thank You.

All donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. YOU truly DO make a difference. THANK YOU!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy...great job putting the squares together and I think I see some of mine. Yay!

    BTW---love the new look of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great and I think some of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always beautifully put together of the squares. Wonderful squares that were donated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all for the visits and the nice comments on the designs, and for for the support you show each other. Glad you found some of your squares ladies. Thanks Sue for noticing the change in blog design.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?