Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Friday, February 18, 2011

Important Announcements

I love opening boxes and pouches filled with lovingly knitted or crocheted items to help our fellow man. You all are awesome for giving your time so freely, for caring and doing for others. Every single item is truly appreciated. I do, however need to ask/remind you all to PLEASE include a note in your donation. I know some people from blogging, some from Crochetville, some from Ravelry, some from The Hive, and some from Facebook. And some from non of the previously mentioned groups. In many cases, I know your avatar, your on line persona, your on line nick name, the alias you use perhaps when you blog. It's becoming increasingly more difficult to determine what thoughtful person sent donation x z y. It's not uncommon for me to sort through a hundred or so emails looking for someone that asked for my address to see if I can fill in the mystery. I truly do want to thank you, and to give you credit on the blog for your wonderful knitted or crocheted donations. Sometimes return mailing labels have a spouses name rather than the name of the crafter. So, please folks include your name, email or what name I know you under. It will save me lots of time, and you won't wonder if your items arrived, as I'll be able to let you know sooner.

I'd like to ask a favor of my friends with furry family members. My allergies get me sneezing when I open, photograph, sort etc your thoughtful donations. I often use one of those sticky rollers to remove as much cat and dog hair as I can; not knowing if the person who receives the items might have allergies as well. If you could do that before mailing, I'd appreciate it. (sometimes a piece or two of scotch tape works well too)

I've been looking for YNC from Virginia (believe Reshon Virginia?, was hard to read, think it smeared when it got wet). Anyone know someone with those initials? Would love to say thank you for this wonderful donation of 8 hats, 2 scarves, and 4 decorative flowers. I added some of those cute flower things to a couple of hats before donating.

crocheted donation for homeless2011
Scarves 59+2=61
Hats 140+8=148
Mittens (gloves) 55
Socks 13
Slippers 7
Ghans 6
Squares
167
Sweaters 5

**I also feel the need to remind all knitters and crocheters not to tie a knot and cut, it's imperative to always have a tail of at least 4 inches when adding yarn, or changing colors. It's a pretty sure bet that when yarn is joined with a knot, and then the tail cut close to the knot the item will come unraveled**

Please remember all donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. It truly DOES make a difference. THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?