Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mittens, lovely mittens for the homeless!

knitted mittens for homelessMittens!!! See me doing the mitten dance? lol 5 pairs of fun colored knitted mittens from our good friend Linda in Florida. Love these Linda. I know I've asked before; but have forgotten and need to post.-- What pattern did you use? These are knitted with straight garter stitch and look like they wouldn't be too hard to make. They're nice and stretching too which is a plus for sizing. I snagged the largest pair for The Bridge and 4 will go to kids with cold hands in the clinics and The Mission. Wonderfully made, and fun colors too.

Announcement for the winner of the contest will be this Friday, the 12th, which should allow enough mailing time from anyone who sent mittens out on the 8th which is the deadline for the contest. That doesn't mean though folks we don't still need them long after the contest ends. Keep knitting and crocheting, please and thanks. 31 pairs thus far. Let's hope we can raise that number a bit with what might still be in the mail.

2010
Scarves 275
Hats 487
Mittens 49+5=54
Socks
79
Slippers
9
Ghans 3
Squares
130 (since Give a Square)

**Remember we're a week into our newest focus Give a Square! Details here

Please remember all donations regardless of size and number are valued. All donations are appreciated, and all donations keep someone warm. We help, one stitch at a time. It truly DOES make a difference. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Here's the link to the pattern if you didn't snag it off my blog...
    http://nonnidesigns.blogspot.com/2007/06/original-sideways-mittens.html

    They are super easy, and the thumbs are knit right into it with short rows, so no going back after you've made the hand and adding the thumb! Out of all the mittens I've made my five kiddo's these are the ones that have stood the test of time, and rough wear and tear! Kid tested, knitter approved! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda - I hope you don't mind but I copied your pattern (with all your pertinent info) to use later. I am a new knitter (started in March 09) and I have a couple of projects going on right now. Mittens will definitely be on the Christmas list this year!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?