Mission Statement

Operations for Bridge and Beyond will cease on Dec 31, 2021, last mailing date should be Dec 24th

GOAL FOR AFGHANS

Afghans
Goal: 30
Start: #24
Current: 26
0.8666%
START
END

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Adorable Hats!

crocheted and knitted hats*click picture for larger view, you can see the details so much better
Bunny, you've outdone yourself with these adorable--super soft--cute-- and warm hats! 8 hats with earflaps and ties are crocheted, while the hat leaning on the gold pillow is knitted. These will be soooooooooo appreciated by the children/teens who receive them. Think how much better their day at school will be with a warm head. No doubt their teacher thanks you too. It's hard for children to focus on school if they're cold, and many children stand without warm clothing on the bus. These items will go to the free clinics.

I've printed off the pattern that Bunny was good enough to link in her blog; must make some of these. Firstly, I have earaches a good part of the time when it's cold due to busted eardrums from my childhood so these really call out to me. Secondly, I have a puny little head and adult hats hardly ever fit me.

Hop over to Bunny's blog (hehe), link in the side bar and let her know how precious these are.


Donations Total:
Hats 262 + 9 = 271
Mittens 47 pairs + 8 =53 pairs
Scarves 122 +1 = 123

**Folks, in a recent email from Rae (our lady who helps feed and delivery our warm clothing), she tells me she's seeing more people under the bridge than last year. So please grab your yarn.
Thanks to all for your caring hearts.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the link for Target Dayton. They do a wonderful job there! I'm not a crocheter, but, judging from the response on my post, you might hear from some of my readers. I know some are actively seeking organizations in their own areas. Yea!

    We've noticed a huge jump in the 'under the bridge' population. Sad times. That God for people like you that lend a hand to those down on their luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lily, sweet of you to say. Hope to see lots of ya.

    Was pleased to add the link.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Earflaps are so nice to keep a young one warm - and really an older one too! When my husband went to Wisconsin he requested something that would keep his ears warm - a hooded scarf was the result.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave your name and url, NOT a profile link, not a google or google plus. Only name and url will take me directly to your blog to return the favor of a comment.

Where are You and Your Yarn From?

I'm trying to identify where everyone is from, partially for fun. Take a look at the map. Also, believe it will aid me in cases where we have several people with the same name. Please look at the lists of bloggers and non bloggers and see if I have the state you hail from. If not, please leave a comment and let me know.

Additionally, we've had help from Scotland, England, Germany Puerto Rico, Canada, and France! They don't appear on the map, but their help is still greatly appreciated.

Where The People Who Donate Come From, is your state represented?